"The Local Resources Network" refers to the services provided subject to these Terms and Conditions.
The Local Resources Network operates services at the internet domain name www.localresourcesnetwork.net.
Once the application for membership has been approved, the applicant will become a Member of The Local Resources Network and accept the following Terms and Conditions for using services provided by The Local Resources Network.
The Member enters into this agreement on the use of The Local Resources Network services with Initiativ for etisk handel, Hausmannsgate 19, 0182 Oslo, Norway.
These Terms and Conditions shall govern the relationship between the Member and The Local Resources Network.
1. Representations and Warranties upon Applying for Membership
1. Members apply for membership prior to using the services provided by The Local Resources Network.
2. The Member warrants and represents that all of the data provided by the Member in the application is accurate and complete. The Member shall report any changes in the application data to The Local Resources Network without undue delay.
3. The Member shall sign up with their real name and shall not use pseudonyms or pen names.
4. The Member is not joining The Local Resources Network in the capacity of a recruitment, marketing or sales agent, and will not make unsolicited approaches to other Members.
5. The Member warrants and represents that he or she is over the age of 18 years old at the time of submitting the application.
6. The Member shall choose a username and password in the application process. The Member is obliged to keep this password secret. The Local Resources Network shall not disclose their username or password to any third party.
7. By completing the application process, the Member consents to enter into this agreement to use the services provided by The Local Resources Network. The Local Resources Network accepts this offer by activating the membership for the use of The Local Resources Network services after the membership fee is paid in full. Where no payment is required, or where the Member is granted a fee waiver, the membership will be activated upon the approval of the application. This agreement takes effect with the acceptance by The Local Resources Network.
8. It is technically impossible for The Local Resources Network to determine with certainty whether any Member registered with The Local Resources Network is in fact the person he or she represents to be. Therefore, The Local Resources Network assumes no liability for the actual identity of a Member. Each Member is solely responsible for checking the actual identity of another Member.
2. Application process
1. Potential Members are required to complete an application process in order to be granted membership.
2. Members are required to provide comprehensive information as requested in the online application system. The Local Resources Network reserves the right to ask potential Members to provide two or more professional references prior to approving membership. If the referees fail to respond to The Local Resources Network’s request for information about the potential member, it is the applicant’s responsibility to provide the Local Resources Network with alternative referees within fourteen days.
3. If the applicant fails to provide another reference within fourteen days, The Local Resources Network reserves the right to reject the application.
4. If the application is rejected the applicant is allowed to reapply for membership.
3. Membership fees
1. The Member commits to payment of the annual membership fee and will pay it in a timely manner after a notification of payment has been issued by The Local Resources Network.
2. The Local Resources Network reserves the right to adjust the membership fees. Members will be notified in advance of any revision to membership fees.
4. Compliance with relevant competition law
1. The Local Resources Network and the member wish to ensure that all information sharing via The Local Resources Network services is fully compliant with competition law and to mitigate the related risks in direct or indirect exchanges of Commercially Sensitive Information. To this end, The Local Resources Network and the member agree to the following principles:
2. Information sharing must be limited to that which is needed to support legitimate business objectives.
3. No Commercially Sensitive Information shall be shared unless and until the member sharing the information has obtained appropriate internal legal clearances authorising the release of such Commercially Sensitive Information as compliant with all applicable competition laws and regulations.
4. No Commercially Sensitive Information shall be accepted unless and until the member receiving the information has obtained appropriate internal legal clearances authorising the acceptance of such Commercially Sensitive Information as compliant with all applicable competition laws and regulations. Accordingly, a member receiving Commercially Sensitive Information shall not use, share or respond to such Commercially Sensitive Information until such required legal clearance is obtained, except as is necessary to conduct the required legal review referenced above.
5. “Commercially Sensitive Information” in clause 4 refers to any non-public information that reveals, directly or indirectly, current or future commercial plans or strategies of an actual or potential competitor of a member and that could reasonably be expected to encourage, facilitate, constitute or imply an agreement or collusive anti-competitive practice, including information concerning: prices or other terms of sale, investment plans, production costs, market shares and sales territories, bidding or refraining from bidding plans, and the selection, rejection or termination of customers and suppliers.
5. Member obligations regarding the use of The Local Resources Network services:
1. To provide only true and non-misleading statements in the Member profile, in content that they post to The Local Resources Network service, and in communications with other Members.
2. To comply with all applicable legislation, and respect all third-party rights. In particular, the Member shall not:
i.Upload, post or otherwise make available on The Local Resources Network services, any insulting or defamatory content, regardless of whether said content is directed at another Member or The Local Resources Network personnel or other individuals or companies
ii. Upload, post or otherwise make available on The Local Resources Network services, any pornographic materials or any content that violates any applicable legislation for the protection of minors; or advertise or promote, offer or distribute any pornographic product or products which do not comply with any applicable legislation for the protection of minors
iii. Unreasonably annoy or harass any other Member
iv. Upload, post or otherwise make available on The Local Resources Network services without authorization, any content protected by law (e.g. by copyright, trademark, patent, utility patent, or design patent laws), or advertise, promote, offer or distribute any goods or services protected by law.
v. Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent themselves, or their affiliation with any person or entity;
3. To refrain from engaging in any of the following annoying actions:
i. Using the contact information of other members of The Local Resources Network to make multiple unsolicited sales approaches
ii. Sending chain letters
iii. Performing, advertising or promoting any form of structural distribution methods (such as multi-level marketing or pyramid selling)
iv. Communicating in any insinuating or sexual way (suggestive or explicit)
v. Using The Local Resources Network services to attempt to find potential job candidates (either for the Members' Company or any other Company) by approaching other Members in an unsolicited manner
vi. Using The Local Resources Network services to collect details of other Members in bulk for the purpose of unsolicited sales approaches
6. The Member is expressly prohibited from the following:
1. Using any software or scripts when using The Local Resources Network services (the Member may use a standard Web browser to use the services provided by The Local Resources Network).
2. Deleting, modifying and copying of any contents of The Local Resources Network services, unless these actions are necessary for the proper use of the services. For example, the use of Web spider technology is not required for proper use of the services, and is therefore prohibited.
3. Distributing or publicly disclosing the contents of any of The Local Resources Network services or any of the Groups hosted within The Local Resources Network services.
4. Performing any actions which may impair the operability of The Local Resources Network services or associated infrastructure, particularly actions which may overload The Local Resources Network services or infrastructure.
5. Collecting email addresses from The Local Resources Network services by any means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails.
6. Uploading, posting, or otherwise making publicly available on The Local Resources Network services any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
7. Uploading, posting or otherwise making available any material that contains computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality or compromise the security of The Local Resources Network service or the information systems of its members.
8. Using or attempting to use another Member's login details or account without their express permission (including the accounts of The Local Resources Network staff).
9. Taking bulk local copies of Member names or contact details
7. The Local Resources Network service availability
1. The Member acknowledges and agrees that it is technically impossible to achieve 100% availability of The Local Resources Network service. Events related to maintenance, security or capacity requirements, and/or events beyond The Local Resources Network's control (e.g. disruptions in public communication working groups, power failures, equipment failures etc.), may result in malfunctions or interruptions of the services provided by The Local Resources Network.
8. Lack of contractual involvement
1. The Local Resources Network provides the Member with a platform by means of which they can establish contact with other Members, and provides platform services that allow Members to contact and interact with one another. The Local Resources Network does not take part in, and cannot be held liable for any contractual arrangements between Members. If Members enter into agreements with one another via The Local Resources Network services, The Local Resources Network shall not be deemed a contracting party to these agreements. The Members alone are responsible for the execution and/or fulfillment of agreements into which they enter with one another. The Local Resources Network shall not be held liable if Members are unable to contact one another over The Local Resources Network services regarding such agreements. Furthermore, The Local Resources Network shall not be liable for breaches of duty in relation to agreements entered into between Members.
2. The Local Resources Network is acting only as an introducing agent in terms of agreements entered into between Members, and has no contractual involvement in any business conducted between members.
9. Changes to the Services made available by The Local Resources Network
1. The Local Resources Network reserves the right to modify the services it offers and/or to offer services different from those offered at the time of the Member's registration at any time.
2. The Local Resources Network shall only make data and/or information provided by the Member available for other uses provided that this use does not violate any laws or these Terms and Conditions. The Local Resources Network is entitled to remove any illegal or prohibited data and/or information from services provided by The Local Resources Network without prior notice to the Member.
10. Termination of Membership
1. The Member may terminate their membership at any time. The Member may deliver notice of termination by email to email@example.com. The termination notice must include an email address of the Member registered on The Local Resources Network service. The provisions of this clause shall not affect the right of both parties to terminate the agreement for reasonable cause.
2. The Local Resources Network may terminate a Member's Membership if the management determine that it is unacceptable for The Local Resources Network to continue the provision of service to the Member. A reasonable cause includes any the following:
i. If the Member fails to comply with any applicable legal provisions
ii. If the Member breaches their obligations as set out in these terms and conditions
iii. If the reputation of The Local Resources Network or its business partners is substantially impaired by the online-presence of the Member
iv. If the Member causes harm to any other Member(s)
v. If The Local Resources Network receives complaints about the member's behaviour, which upon investigation, at the sole discretion of The Local Resources Network management, justifies the termination of the Member's subscription
vi. If the Member fails to keep its member profile up to date
vii. If the Member receives poor references or reports from other partners using The Local Resources Network.
3. In the event of termination, The Local Resources Network will determine on a case-by-case basis whether part or none of the annual membership fees should be refunded.
11. Actions that may be taken as alternatives to termination
1. In the event of a reasonable cause in accordance with section 10.2 and notwithstanding The Local Resources Network's right to terminate the contract in accordance with section 10.2, The Local Resources Network is entitled to, but is not obliged to take any of the following actions:
i. Delete User Generated Content posted by the Member
ii. Issue a warning
iii. Block the Member's access to services provided by The Local Resources Network.
12. Responsibility for the Member's Content, Data or other Information
1. The Local Resources Network does not make any warranties or representations regarding any data and/or information provided or made available by any Member on services provided by The Local Resources Network or on any external services linked from it. In particular, The Local Resources Network does not warrant or represent that said data and/or information is true or accurate, or that it fulfils or serves any particular purpose.
2. The Local Resources Network does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to Member's data or their computer systems or the computer systems of their employers that may occur whilst using material derived from services provided by The Local Resources Network.
13. User Generated Content
1. The Member is solely responsible for the photos, profile details, messages, text, information, files, and other content that they upload, publish or display on their member profile, or transmit to or share with other users (collectively the "User Generated Content"). The member may not post, transmit, or share User Generated Content using The Local Resources Network services that they did not create or that they do not have permission to distribute. The member understands and agrees that The Local Resources Network may, but is not obligated to, review content posted to The Local Resources Network services, and may delete or remove (without notice) any User Generated Content at its sole discretion, for any reason.
2. When a Member uploads, posts or otherwise makes available content which comprises a part of their member profile, they authorise The Local Resources Network to use an abridged version of this profile information (photograph, name, first name, last name and job title) for the marketing of The Local Resources Network services.
14. Liability of The Local Resources Network
1. The Local Resources Network does not seek to limit liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence, or to exclude any liability that is prohibited from being excluded by law. The Member understands and agrees that in no event will The Local Resources Network or its staff be liable to the member or any third person for any indirect, consequential, incidental, special or other damages, including for any lost profits or lost data arising from their use of The Local Resources Network services, or any of the content or other materials accessed through or downloaded from The Local Resources Network services, or their inability to access or use The Local Resources Network services, even if The Local Resources Network is aware or has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, The Local Resources Network liability to the Member for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to a maximum of GBP 100.
15. Data Protection
1. The Local Resources Network recognizes that any personal data provided by the Member to The Local Resources Network is sensitive information, and The Local Resources Network shall therefore be particularly sensitive in handling such data. The Local Resources Network shall comply with all applicable legal provisions regarding data protection (Protection Laws, European Data Protection Regulations and any other applicable data protection legislation).
2. In all Local Resources Network staff’s employment contract there is a confidentiality clause outlining that staff are not allowed to share any personal data provided by the Members of the Local Resources Network to other members or external parties.
1. Unless otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions, the Member may submit all notices to The Local Resources Network using the contact details provided on The Local Resources Network services. The Local Resources Network may send notices to the Member by email or post to the addresses given in the Member's current contact data in his or her Member account.
17. Governing Law / General information
1. These Terms and Conditions of use and the Member's use of The Local Resources Network services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Norwegian law and the Norwegian Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with all matters relating to these terms and conditions of use, and the Member's use of The Local Resources Network service.
2. The failure of The Local Resources Network to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
3. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is, for any reason found by a court of competent jurisdiction to invalid and/or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The parties agree to replace an invalid and/or unenforceable provision with a valid and/or enforceable provision which most closely approximates the intent and economic effect of the invalid and/or unenforceable provision.
4. The member agrees that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of The Local Resources Network services or these Terms and Conditions must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever invalid. The section titles in the terms and conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
5. The Local Resources Network reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, without giving reasons. In the event of amendment, we will post the changes to these Terms and Conditions on this page and will indicate at the bottom of this page the date these terms were last revised. The Member's continued use of the Service or the Site after any such changes constitutes the Member's acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions. It is the sole responsibility of the Member to check this page regularly to determine if they are still in agreement with the Terms and Conditions. In the event that the Member does not accept any amendments to the Terms and Conditions, they must cease to use services provided by The Local Resources Network.